Business Sustainability Basics Programme
Would you like your business to be more sustainable? Not sure where to start?
Or maybe you’ve made a start already by introducing recycling, the bike to work scheme and getting rid of disposable plastic but you know there’s more you could do.
We’ll show you how.
Worried about persuading other stakeholders to get on board?
Sustainability can be straightforward, cost-effective and strategic. It gives you an advantage over your business competitors in applying for tenders. Having a sustainability strategy can increase customer loyalty and attract and retain employees.
Through a free five module course you’ll see the different aspects of sustainable business practices.
You’ll be able to assess where your business is today so that you can set targets and measure
improvements in the future.
You’ll finish the course with a clear understanding of how to make your business more sustainable and how to persuade your colleagues, management and customers to get on board.
Business Sustainability Basics
Explore the five course modules by clicking below.
Module 1 Strategy - Creating a blueprint for success
- Risks of unsustainable practices
- Business benefits of sustainability
- Creating a sustainability strategy
Module 2 Carbon Footprint - Taking your environmental baseline
- Measuring existing sustainability levels
- Spotting opportunities for improvement
Module 3 Marketplace - Your community and customers
- Communicating your practices to your customers
- Increasing customer loyalty and winning new clients
Module 4 Workplace - Your employees, suppliers and brand
- Creating a company culture of sustainability
- Assessing your suppliers’ environmental impact
- Making sustainability a part of your brand story
Module 5 Next steps - Implementation and targets
- Setting targets and a timeline
- Creating a culture of accountability
By the end of the five modules you will have a clear picture of where to start to make the changes to
make your business sustainable. This course is free until January 2021 so sign up now.
Tuesday 13th October 12 – 1pm
Tuesday 20th October 12 – 1pm
Tuesday 3rd November 12 – 1pm
Tuesday 10th November 12 – 1pm
Tuesday 17th November 12 – 1pm
Not available at these times but still want to start making changes in your business?
Sign up and you will receive a link to a recording of each module to watch in your own time.
This course is for you if:
- You’re curious about ways your business can act more responsibly and sustainably
- You’re worried about the impact of your business on the planet
- You think your business is acting ethically but you want to do more
- You want to attract more customers and colleagues who value sustainability
This course is not for you if:
- You’re not willing to learn more about sustainability
- You don’t believe in climate change
- You spend your free time hunting endangered species
- You prefer to run your business without any strategy
Still unsure? Listen to Linda and Sarah discussing the Business Case for Sustainability on this Brave New World Podcast episode.