It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas, must dig out that Michael Bublé CD. And now that the shops are reopening it’s beginning to feel a lot like Christmas too. There’s a great buzz in the air as shops open after the 6 weeks of enforced closure and customers can enjoy the in store experience again.
Let’s hope that retailers can recoup some of the lost sales and that customers will just be glad to be back in the shops again. Online isn’t quite the same and all the surveys and statistics show that people still prefer to shop in a real shop.
But COVID-19 is still here and retailers and their customers need to be mindful of it in all the excitement of Christmas and reopening.
Here are my 7 top tips for safe and festive Christmas trading.
- Don’t forget the 3 basics.
- Wash your hands/hand hygiene
- Social distancing.
- Cough and sneezing etiquette
- Revisit the guidelines to refresh your memory. Useful guides in links below
- Control the number of people in your shop, decide on a number, stick to it.
- Make sure you have a COVID coordinator to keep you up to date.
- Maintain hygiene routines throughout the day and not just first and last thing
- Communicate your procedures to your employees and customers
- Have fun, Santa hats and Christmas music are allowed!
Book a free half hour chat with me
To book a free half hour chat with me to make sure you’re on the right track. Click here.
Return to Work Safely Protocol – the basics for all businesses
NSAI Retail Protection and Improvement Guide – practical retail guidelines
Some useful info in this blog post written in May, Essential information for Trading in a Pandemic